About the role:
This is an exciting and varied technical consultancy role focused on the design, development and maintenance of innovative solutions to meet our customers’ requirements, through traditional Dynamics development and embracing new technologies in the Power Platform and Azure. In this role, you will be an integral member of a multidisciplinary technical and functional service delivery team, working collaboratively and thinking outside the box to achieve the best outcome for our customers, leveraging technology in the most appropriate way while maintaining the highest standards of reliability, traceability and supportability.
You will be:
- A key member of the Project Delivery team, contributing to innovative solution delivery for our global client base.
- Exploring and understanding customers’ overall requirements and contributing to statements of work and functional / technical specifications for potential solutions, collaborating both internally and with customers.
- Interpreting functional and technical specifications to define appropriate technical approaches.
- Estimating effort to deliver proposed technical solutions, through design, develop, test and deploy phases.
- Investigating existing code for weaknesses and errors to improve or enhance capability and performance.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of Dynamics AX and 365 solutions through X++ development primarily, encompassing the Power Platform and technologies in Azure where appropriate.
- Ensuring best practices for development, build and deployment of solutions are implemented or maintained.
- Accountable for delivering solutions to time, cost and quality constraints.
- Working with internal teams and customers to ensure solutions are appropriately tested prior to deployment and that issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Providing development support to existing customer solutions and working with our Managed Services team to quickly and effectively resolve issues.
- Helping mentor and train members of the team within your area of expertise.
- Expected to travel domestically and internationally on occasion.
- Flexible – you understand that you may be asked to take on other responsibilities or tasks that are not referred to above, but that fall within the remit of your skills and abilities.
- You have previous experience of X++ development for Dynamics AX / Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations and a track record of successfully delivering solutions to a variety of customers in a number of industries.
- You have an understanding of the functional capabilities and processes in Dynamics AX/365.
- You have experience of working in projects following a DevOps philosophy and the associated tools.
- You have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills and experience of debugging issues in existing solutions.
- You hold, or are willing to achieve, Microsoft certifications in relevant subjects and have a commitment to professional development.
- You have excellent spoken and written communication skills and an ability to communicate flexibly to suit your audience.
- You are customer focused – you work hard to understand our customers’ needs, always striving to deliver the best service and exceed expectations.
- You are able to look at the bigger picture and assess how your work will impact or interact with other components of a system, also considering the future maintainability and supportability of the solutions you implement.
- You are resilient, practical and a self-starter; you are comfortable working on your own and as part of a team.
- You are highly organised with the ability to manage your time effectively and prioritise workload, with multiple conflicting demands.
- You are commercially aware and solutions focused – you consider scope, time and cost constraints when delivering your solutions and can also solve issues and unblock problems quickly and effectively.
- You are an amazing brand ambassador for AgileCadence – you share and live our values every day.